We hosted the German Winemakers back in March and we were thrilled to learn that our world-traveling winemaking friends were looking to make a return trip to Troy. Without hesitation, we accepted the offer.
Paul Anheuser at Lucas Confectionery, March 2012
Their previous visit marked one of our favorite events of last year.
On Wednesday, September 11 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., Lucas Confectionery will once again host German winemakers representing the five classic wine growing regions of their country.
When it comes to world-class wine, most Americans think California, France or Italy first. The German Winemakers Summit will prove that Germany rivals all others in aromatic, ultra-refreshing white wine production.
During the event, each winemaker will present sample wine selections from their estate, paired with artisanal cheese selected by the Confectionery staff.
The following winemakers are scheduled to attend:
Derek Vinnicombe (representing three estates from the Mosel, Pflaz, and Saar regions):
- Fitz Ritter Sekt and Gewvstraminer
- Fischer Okfener Bockstein Kabinett
- Schneider Patterburg Spatlese
Barbara Rundquist, Dr Thanisch (Mosel Region)
- Dr Thanisch Bernkateler Badstube Riesling Kabinett
- Dr Thanisch Spatlese Trocken Riesling
- Dr Thanisch Doctor Kabinett
Frank Heyden, Dr Heyden (Rheinhessen Region)
- Dr Heyden Oppenheimer Riesling Kabinett
- Dr Heyden Sacktrager Rieslng Spatlese
Paul Anheuser (Nahe Region)
- Anheuser Blanc de Noir
- Anheuser Konigsfels Riesling Kabinett
Cost for the event is $25 per person, which includes wine tasting samples and cheese.
Tickets available here:
This event is sponsored by Frederick Wildman & Sons Importers.