Charles F. Lucas shows up in the 1863 Troy City Directory as a confectioner and was located at 113 Congress Street. His business was there and he lived there, as well.
In 1865 he moved his store and residence to 63 Congress Street.
In 1867, the Charles F. Lucas Confectioner and Ladies’ Restaurant is listed at 12 Broadway. His shop and home were at 12 Broadway until 1872, when he moved his shop to 35 Congress St and his home to 12 Second Street.
By 1873 he’d moved the confectionery into 12 Second Street and stayed there until he passed away in 1887. His son-in-law took over the business, followed by his head baker later on.
In 1863 when he first opened, Charles F. Lucas was one of 11 confectioners in the Troy area.
By the time he died, he was one of 48 confectioners listed in the directory.
Information courtesy of The Troy Public Library